TESTS OF FASTENERS
Make use of the expert services provided by the Accredited Mechanical Equipment Test Laboratory in Jablonec nad Nisou, which, besides other, performs assessments and tests of metallic and wooden fasteners and of construction products (e.g. nails, dowels, screws, wood screws etc.).
WHAT IS TESTED:
- Tests of fasteners at ambient temperature
- Tests of hardness to Brinell, Rockwell, Vickers
- Tensile and compression tests
- Tensile tests, determination of Rm ultimate tensile strength, ReH, ReL and Rp0,2 yield points, elongations A
- Torsional tests (steel tapping screws, drilling screws)
- Mechanical tests of wood and plasterboard screws
WHAT IS ASSESSED:
- Hardness tests: hardness HB, HRC, HV scales
- Tensile test: Rm ultimate tensile strength, ReH, ReL, Rp0,2 yield points, elongation A
- Universal tensile/compression test: values of load, pressure etc.
- Torsional test: torque values of screw over-tightening (graphic records)
- Tests of moments of yield, withdrawal and pull-through points, torsional capacity: wood screws
- Tests of moments of yield, withdrawal and pull-through points, steel tapping time: plasterboard screw
To which regulations are the assessments done?
- CPR (Construction Products Regulation)
- Government Regulation 163/2002 Coll., laying down technical requirements for selected construction products, as amended
- ČSN EN ISO 6506-1 Metallic materials – Brinell hardness test – Part 1: Test method
- ČSN EN ISO 6507-1 Metallic materials – Vickers hardness test – Part 1: Test method
- ČSN EN ISO 6508-1 Metallic materials – Rockwell hardness test – Part 1: Test method
- ČSN EN ISO 898-1 Mechanical properties of fasteners made of carbon steel and alloy steel
- ČSN EN ISO 2702 Heat-treated steel tapping screws – Mechanical properties
- ČSN EN ISO 10666:2000 Drilling screws with tapping screw thread – Mechanical and functional properties
- ČSN EN 14592 + A1: Timber structures – Dowel-type fasteners – Requirements
- ČSN EN 14566 + A1: Mechanical fasteners for gypsum plasterboard systems
Frequently asked question
What is required for a type test according to EN 14592?
- 50 pcs of screws from each diameter and from each type of head
- drawings, screw material
- surface finish specifications
We also perform corrosion resistance tests for fasteners.